Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SallyBrown
Reel Rookie

Mobile Remote Relocating Current Device

I've had a 58" Hisense Roku TV paired with my laptop and phone for about 2 and a half years. I've only used the Roku remote to 'choose' the Firestick option on the aps screen. Not long after purchasing the television, one of my 7 dogs thought Roku was a chew toy. I installed the mobile remote immediately after and haven't had an issue since.

Now. I've mentioned Firesticks. No 'Rokus' around so 'Firesticks' became the rave for my dogs, even though I lost my cool and hid them as best I could. 

Here is my current dilemma.

This 4th Firestick, somehow- or maybe I did something- either way, the mobile Roku remote WILL NOT HOLD THE DEVICE LONG ENOUGH TO synch.

Immediately after unplugging and resetting, then restarting... It recognizes the device, goes to the remote screen allows me to choose my Firestick ap, then boots me out and I have no access to the television at all. 

I contacted support with this and they said I have to buy a physical remote control. No. I bought the $600 television. Give me access to my freaking television!!! 😩 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SallyBrown
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Mobile Remote Relocating Current Device

I can't find my response to a different discussion, but I had been hung up on and disregarded by a support tech after I had painstakingly went through my situation as clearly as possible only to be told that I had to order a remote from Hisense manufacturer... I refused... anyway....

I called back trying so hard not to be difficult, you could hear the irritability in my voice. I spoke with a support technician by the name of (I hope this spelling is correct) 'Sathish' , and he was not only patient with my irritated, rushed overplayed explanation of my situation and all I have done in the last several days in attempt to fix it myself, he didn't ONCE tell me to BUY A REMOTE. 

I did have to contact them via phone. I did get the lotto with this guy because he was good to his word. He went through the mobile remote-control steps with me, then when it came to the problem of being booted out of the system after a few seconds, he UNDERSTOOD that I couldn't log in any codes or get past the logo screen. He asked if he could call me back and see if he could talk to his software techs about a hard reboot without a physical remote. 

35 minutes or so later... he called and said the only option was to hard reset. That would take a physical remote which he was going to send me. He took my information and was genuine and kind and made up for all the other jerks that made my experience awful. So a really bad experience turned around due to a very proactive and attenuative employee.

0 Kudos