Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryJ
Channel Surfer

Logitech Harmony Elite with Roku streambar

I have a Logitech Harmony Elite trying to control a Samsung TV, Rogers digital box and a Roku streambar. All worked fine for well over a year.  This week I moved and unfortunately I had to change my modem. So I had to reset a lot of things.  What's weird is that my Logitech Harmony works fine now with my tv and digital box, but will only adjust the audio on the Roku streambar.  I can't hit "ok" or switch between apps, I can only adjust audio settings like "mute".

I seem to recall a couple of years ago that I had to bluetooth to a Logitech keyboard in the Roku menu to get the Harmony Elite remote to work. But I can see no option of that kind any more in any of the menu screens, including "remotes".  I tried programming the buttons individually as my logitech harmony recognizes that there are no commands for "ok", "left", etc. in the Roku activity - but it won't recognize them when I use the 'learning' feature.  

I'm wondering if I've reached the point where an update was done on the Roku that didn't take into account Logitech (which would not surprise me considering their remotes are no longer made).  Anyone else with this problem?  Thanks in advance.  

Garry

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Logitech Harmony Elite with Roku streambar

The Streambar remote is wifi, with Streambar powered up it can't  be used to program universal learning remote. Learning remotes can only learn IR commands, no RF of any type. Unplugging the Streambars power will switch the Streambar remote to IR, and then can be used to teach. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GarryJ
Channel Surfer

Thank you @Tivoburkee  That doesn't seem to work although I appreciate the suggestion. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

You're unplugging the power cable, not the hdmi cable, right? What is the model number of your Roku Soundbar? And or brand?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GarryJ
Channel Surfer

I did, thanks for checking. I tried it a few times but no luck.  I'm trying to remember how I got it working in the first place, I think it was through a bluetooth keyboard function that is no longer on the settings menu. Right now the Logitech Elite will control volume and mute, but no streaming functions.  

0 Kudos
RBZ
Channel Surfer

Assuming you have the Harmony Hub set up with the Elite, it should work fine over WiFi. Make sure that everything is on the same WiFi band when adding the Roku. If your router shares the same SSID for the 2.4 & 5GHz bands it's probably best to separate them to be sure.

I have a "Roku powered" NowTV stick that works just fine with my Elite. I also briefly had the Streambar working before returning it.

0 Kudos
GarryJ
Channel Surfer

Thank you RBZ.  I think you nailed it, all good. 

0 Kudos