Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

Live TV Pause has disappeared

I can't get pause to work on Live TV.  As you can see, it's not even an option in settings.  Setting up Live TV Pause used to show up under Rename Remove.  Can you help?

IMG_20230416_164812568_HDR.jpg

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Live TV Pause has disappeared

Hi @Gpeirce

Thanks for your post. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are running into. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Do you have any USB connected to your Roku TV? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Please let us know what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Gpeirce
Streaming Star

My problem is very random.  At times the TV acts as if the remote control is broken.  I can't change the channel, I can't pause, I can't bring up the TV guide.  Only buttons that work are the on/off and home button.  Yes, a USB is inserted and works most of the time.  Seems it hates golf because that's when I want to pause or rewind.

As far as troubleshooting, all I can do is power down the TV and power it back up.  That sometimes works.

And I occasionally just throw the remote control across the room in disgust.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Gpeirce 

I don't remember the LiveTV Pause setup being included in the Settings, but it is still available by highlighting your Antenna/OTA icon and pressing the * button on the Roku Remote.  An options menu should appear and "Setup Live TV Pause" should be one of the options. (verified on my Insignia RokuTV OS 11.5).

https://support.roku.com/article/115005649508

----

I haven't had issues with the LiveTV pause in a very long time, but when a previous update was giving me issues (error message saying LiveTV pause was not setup), I usually just removed the USB thumb drive and reinserted it. (until the next day when the error would return).  A subsequent Roku update resolved the issue for me.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
DaveLessnau
Streaming Star

Live TV Pause appears to be missing from our (Roku) TV (TCL 65R625).  We have Live TV set up as an input (streaming channels, not antenna) on the television.  When we stick a USB drive (16GB FAT32, nothing on it) into the USB port, the television prompts us to use it for the Media Player.  As the instructions referenced above say, we told it to Not Launch.  There is no prompt to format the drive.  We then go to the Live TV icon on the Home screen, press the asterisk button (*), up pops a menu, but there's no "Set up Live TV Pause" option.  Going into Live TV, starting a show and hitting the Pause button on the remote just brings up the standard "Live TV Pause is Not Available" information blurb.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @DaveLessnau,

Thanks for the post,

We're sorry to hear about your issue with pausing live TV. We're happy to help.

Live TV Pause is only available on the Live TV input of your Roku TV and requires a dedicated USB 2.0-compatible flash drive with at least 16GB of storage for recording the video. As soon as you tune in to a digital channel, Live TV Pause begins recording up to 90 minutes of live television. Live TV Pause is only available when watching "over-the-air" broadcast TV from the Live TV input. It is not available when watching live-streaming TV from The Roku Channel.

For more detailed information, please check this out: How to Pause Live Television on Your Roku TV

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveLessnau
Streaming Star

"Live TV Pause is only available when watching "over-the-air" broadcast TV from the Live TV input. It is not available when watching live-streaming TV from The Roku Channel."

Well, that explains that.  But, let me ask:  WHY?  What difference does it make if I have to run to the bathroom while watching OTA programming vs watching streaming programming?  Live TV Pause should be available for all inputs.

I do not have a roku tv.  You need to change it back to being able to pause and fwd on all channels.!!! NOW!!!

0 Kudos