Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuisV
Reel Rookie

Little to no bass from Wireless bass pro

Hello everyone, I've just added a wireless subwoofer pro to go with my streambar. I am getting very little bass from the subwoofer. I have reset both units and have them up to date. I hear and feel no change to the bass, I am getting more bass from the streambar than the actual sub which is kind of disappointing. During initial setup the sub does make a noticeable loud thumb but when switching to music, movies or live sports its almost as if its not there. I have my settings at 10 for bass and 6 for treble. Any tips would help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Little to no bass from Wireless bass pro

Hi @LuisV

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Your Roku subwoofer is a premium wireless audio device designed to work exclusively with your Roku system to enhance the listening experience with deeper, richer bass. 

You can fine-tune your listening experience with music, movies, TV shows, and more with the different sound settings on your Roku subwoofer. To learn more, visit here: How to adjust sound settings on your Roku audio device

Hope this helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
LuisV
Reel Rookie

Update:

I've tried playing around with the sound settings and found no change to amount of bass. Still feels very weak unless I crank the volume very high. I did find a solution by using a different type power cable from another sound system I had. I did a simple test to see if any change to the sound and feel. I played a song with the power cable provide by roku; I've average around 43 dbs using a sound meter app. Now with power cable from Vizio with the same 7A 125v rating I found a higher average of 47 dbs on the same volume. Could it be possible that the provided power cable be faulty. Also a suggestion for the developers. Would it be possible to have a separate bass setting one for the stream bar and one for the wireless bass

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LuisV,

Thanks for the update and for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

If you are still having any related sound issues with your Roku Wireless Bass after following these steps, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos