Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnMemeHary

Just bought new roku speakers and have a Google tv

Jump to solution

I'm very frustrated, I bought roku speakers for the sound quality told they were Bluetooth and they can connect to my TV, get home and they don't, it's a Google smart TV that's tcl BTW, roku has some great products but forcefully making it so you can't connect them to any other brand is outright ridiculous. I want to know if theres any way I can connect them with spending another 200 dollars or if I return them and stop using roku completely. Roku may have great products but I'm not dealing with an overly greedy company no matter how good the products.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Just bought new roku speakers and have a Google tv

Jump to solution

Hi @AnMemeHary,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand, and we do appreciate you letting us know about this. Please be advised that if the Roku Wireless speaker will not work on any TV. Roku Wireless Speakers will work with a Roku TV, but if you have a Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro, you can use the speakers with any TV! Just remember, Roku Wireless Speakers are designed only to work when paired to a Roku Streambar or a Roku TV. 

Let us know if there's anything you need or query we can answer.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AnMemeHary,

We understand, and we do appreciate you letting us know about this. Please be advised that if the Roku Wireless speaker will not work on any TV. Roku Wireless Speakers will work with a Roku TV, but if you have a Roku Streambar or Roku Streambar Pro, you can use the speakers with any TV! Just remember, Roku Wireless Speakers are designed only to work when paired to a Roku Streambar or a Roku TV. 

Let us know if there's anything you need or query we can answer.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brent7

Jump to solution

Yep. I had a TCL Roku Tv for over 2 years and got a Roku wireless soundbar last year and it paired up right away and was great sound. A week ag, had a lighting strike and had to get a new TV. Got a Sony Google smart TV and it will not hook up with the soundbar. The soundbar is bluetooth but it will not show up on my TV. Roku only. Ridicules, that it wont work with non Roku. Not happy with Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Brent7,

Thank you for reporting this issue with us and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

A Roku TV Wireless Soundbar is designed to work exclusively with your Roku TV system and cannot be connected to any other type of TV, or a Roku streaming player.

If there's anything else we can further assist you, feel free to get back here.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blackdog10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Was just informed by roku a streambar pro can work with any make(tcl) tv? What are you talking about?

0 Kudos