Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guilly81

Is a Hulu stick needed with my new tv

Jump to solution

We just purchased a new tv, it has the Hulu live app, do I still need to buy the stick? A friend said yes. But I don’t think so. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Is a Hulu stick needed with my new tv

Jump to solution

No.  First of all there is no such thing as a Hulu stick.  Several streaming devices support the Hulu app including Roku, FireTV, Apple TV, and Chromecast with Google TV.  If your TV has the Hulu app you do not need another streaming device connected to the TV.  Hulu Live is a subscription service and will not be free just because you have the app on your TV.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Is a Hulu stick needed with my new tv

Jump to solution

No.  First of all there is no such thing as a Hulu stick.  Several streaming devices support the Hulu app including Roku, FireTV, Apple TV, and Chromecast with Google TV.  If your TV has the Hulu app you do not need another streaming device connected to the TV.  Hulu Live is a subscription service and will not be free just because you have the app on your TV.

0 Kudos