Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1colleenhayes
Reel Rookie

Insignia Roku TV 6303X. Movie and Tv content won’t play

Jump to solution

Insignia Roku TV 6303X. Movie and Tv content won’t play.  Netflix app won’t open at all and returns to tv Home Screen.  Other paid apps such as Prime Video will open and play previews and trailers but not the tv show or movie content.  Free apps such as IMDb will open and when a selection is made some commercials will play, some commercials will freeze and tv show or movie content does not play.  The only thing I found operating properly is Pluto tv.

Roku system is showing a software update made last night, Sept 22, 2021 @ 12:53 am, software version 10.5.0 Build: 4164 

Home WiFi Network is operational with signal strength excellent.  I’ve restarted tv twice.

Adding: 

insignia model ND-55DR710NA17
Serial number YW0063502313
Device ID 5WD716502313

All apps have been manually updated and same issues Sept 23 @ 5:16 CST

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StillAboveDirt
Reel Rookie

Re: Insignia Roku TV 6303X. Movie and Tv content won’t play

Jump to solution

I just found a newer build of the software is available.

• Version 10.5.0
  • build 4167

I updated to this build and the problem seems to have been fixed. At least I'm now able to launch Netflix. That's the only app I use in the list of apps affected in the original complaint.

Thanks for the prompt fix.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

In the past, I've found that when the Roku installs a major update to its software it may not automatically update all channel apps that have new versions to accommodate the Roku update. Manually running an additional update check as soon as you receive the Roku update can make sure you have the latest versions of all your channel apps and prevent many update-related problems (Settings > System > System update > Check now).

Despite having had access to the Roku update as it was being developed, some channels may take a few days for their developers to issue needed updates, so a manual update check is a good first step when running into specific channel problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
1colleenhayes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I already did a manual update.  Its unfortunate but I guess I will have to wait a few days for the Roku update and apps to sync.

0 Kudos
StillAboveDirt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too am having this problem. Netflix will not launch. I would think it's a bad practice to push out a system update BEFORE the applications running in the system are updated respectively.  The wife and I use the Netflix app on a nightly basis. I know .. sounding like a whiner. Just voicing my distaste for this.

StillAboveDirt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In case this may help pinpoint the problem, I just wanted to add: Everything about 1colleenhayes's complaint is identical to my situation.

• Same model of TV (Insignia Roku 6303X)
  • Same Roku software update that caused the problem (software version 10.5.0 Build: 4164)
  • Same symptoms
StillAboveDirt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just found a newer build of the software is available.

• Version 10.5.0
  • build 4167

I updated to this build and the problem seems to have been fixed. At least I'm now able to launch Netflix. That's the only app I use in the list of apps affected in the original complaint.

Thanks for the prompt fix.

1colleenhayes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That update fix it!  Thanks for the heads up.

0 Kudos
Mason1232

Jump to solution

Tv won't stay hooked up to wifi. What is a solution??

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mason1232

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves your issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, are you able to connect to another wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Judaj

Jump to solution

Having same issues I have deleted all channels except for Netflix. Disney+, hulu, prime video, You tube, History Channel and Spectrum. Now I can run prime Video. I even deleted the Roku channel. 

i found if the channel won’t run I have to delete it reinstall it and then it works. 

Up until three days ago everything worked fine. I’m at 10.5.0. Build 4210-31. 

I’m not a happy camper. 

0 Kudos