Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaccin
Channel Surfer

I'm having issues with my Roku TVs

That is not related with Sharp TV but with ROKU software. Mine was running well before last update in october 2022. now screen freeze, clock doesn't update in menu. no more channel info reboot itself when watching tv or movie unable to change channel ear the sound when i it the remote but tv no longer respond and screen goes black if i open menu i can see all channel but can't do anything else. Open ticket with roku and sharp perform factory reset like they suggest and as soon as i receive the last update the probleme came back. THAT IS A BAD SOFTWARE FROM ROKU not a TV problem and as i can understand ROKU keep rejecting fault to tv maker. But all these probleme came from OS not from TV and os is made by ROKU not by manufacurer.

By the way i have 3 differents device/brand Sharp RCA and TCL and all have the same issue so that is the proof this is not related with device manufacturer but with OS

Denis

7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I'm having issues with my Roku TVs

Greetings @Vaccin 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TVs.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue you are seeing but we will need more details. What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What is happening when the issue occurs? Can you provide a screenshot of what is shown on screen so we can better understand the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vaccin
Channel Surfer

Hello

Here is an update

When we power on TV and goes to direct TV the guide are supposed to show time and also actual program description. It was the case before the update on september last year. Now when we power on the TV some time we got black screen and no function are available only ears the sound of the remote when we hit any button we need to power cycle the tv with power button on remote to be able the see something. Now on Direct tv the guide no longer update no longer show any description and no longer update time too. if we want to update time in guide we need to change source from direct tv to anything else and came back to direct tv but the time will stay at the same as when we came back to direct TV.

If i'm on direct TV and want to change channel some time the function not working and we can ear the hit button sound from the remote but tv not responding and sometime that work and sometime the screen goes black with sound but no more fonction except power work. When we power on the tv and goes to live tv image appear for few second goes black for few second and image came back this append every time we change channel. some time we watch movies on netflix, prime or crave and for no reason the tv turn off or reboot itself. all of these problem appear after the september 2022 update. I reset the device to factory default and every thing goes well as soon as i receive this bugges update. here is the picture you request as you can see no information availaible on guide and time not updating too. and these fonction was working before the update. menu are in french but translation is Aucune information = no information no description

Roku1.jpgRoku2.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Vaccin 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that there is already an existing thread related to the channel guide displaying no information that can be found here: Roku TV Guide not updating Streaming Channel Info

In regards to the other issues you are experiencing with your Roku TV, we would be more than happy to look further into, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vaccin
Channel Surfer

Hello.

i read all the link you send and as far as i don't read properly there is not working solution for that at these time. i watch tv every day some time for 3 or 4 hour but never get any info on guide since the update in septembre last year. so now i think there is a real os problem since i'm not alone with that issue

0 Kudos
Vaccin
Channel Surfer

Hello

here is the information resquested and no that can append on any channel and unable to do anythink else than power off and on no other fonction working! Step to reproduce the black screen for few second is as simple as changing channel that append every time. The other freeze append when i try to change channel immediatly after i power on tv select direct tv and as soon as i change channel the tv goes black screen and no longer respond except for power cycle. if i press tv guide that only show all channel without info and event if i try to change channel notting appends but can ear tick sound that confirm the remote send a command. For the guide actual time it is always there never update except if i change source on tv the time update but stay at these time of recall direct tv and never update until i rechange source

1st is RCA

RTR3261-B-CA

ID 8513X

Serial YK00U7800798

Soft 11.50 edition 4312-81

Full id is M8599U800798

Sharp is

LC-60R6003U

id : 7232X

Serial : YN00N0740154

OS 11.5.0 edition 4312-40

Full id : KVF88N740154

TCL not available since they are in our Travel Trailer

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Vaccin 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with your device information.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update in this Roku Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vaccin
Channel Surfer

Hello

other problem since these update is if i want the guide show me only the favorite channel i tagged that work but only live if leave the channel guide and return i have to reselect the option to show me my favorite only. that was working before these update i was able to do that and show only favorite on guide.

Regards

Denis

0 Kudos