Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have an ONN Roku TV and get a black screen on all the apps

I am having a similar problem with my ONN Roku TV. I can get to the apps but when I try to play the movies the screen goes black but I can hear the sound. Specifically Disney + and Amazon prime. Our TV is only 2 years old.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Maflaishans,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue with the channel. In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

For more references on how to troubleshoot any channel playback issues, you can visit our Support page.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I just unboxed my 65" TV. Went thru Set-up fine, but Netflix App has sound but no picture. WTF?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @UnhappyinNE,

From the Roku Community, welcome, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd love to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Netflix channel. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that @RokuJechealR provided above? If not, please try.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

No, It was delivered and I did the initial set-up but had to go to work. Not sure if other apps or external devices will have the same issue or not. 

Will try to de-bug my brand-new TV when I get home. 

Looking this up, it appears to be a VERY common issue with these TV's.

Firmware or software bug? Resetting the power or re-installing the App is supposed to help with this?

I have other ROKU TVs that are older but have never had any issues with them., This black screen issue seems to be pretty common with newer units...

0 Kudos
swinmachine
Channel Surfer

I'm 100% convinced it's a software issue on either onn or Roku. My onn picture stopped working as well. Took a Roku stick and plugged it into HDMI 3 and everything is working perfectly. So I don't feel like it's a hardware issue. 

0 Kudos