Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fcampos
Reel Rookie

Re: I have an ONN Roku TV and get a black screen on all the apps

EVERYTHING, unplug power cable re connect cable, reset tv, perform all the updates the tv was up to t date before it went out completely!! 

is Onn providing any kind of assistance???

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @Fcampos.

Have you already tried checking if the power cord is securely plugged into the power source? How about performing a hard reset on the TV? Also, the issue you are experiencing may be hardware-related. Have you tried contacting your TV manufacturer's support yet to inquire further? We suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their Roku OS products. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

You can keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aeautry

Same issues that began approximately 5 weeks ago. Amazon prime app definitely does not work. Apple plus and Hulu is hit or miss. Netflix seems to work ok. I have an antenna in my window for local channels and  the tv never blacks out. Or is hasn’t so far. Owned the tv about 2.5 years. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Warmest greetings here in the Roku Community, @aeautry!

Thank you for raising your concern here regarding the playback issues you have been experiencing with the Amazon Prime app.

With this being said, may we know if this is the only specific app you have observed this behavior? If so, have you tried troubleshooting the app by removing it (highlight the app and press the star* button on your remote), performing a system reboot (Settings > System > Power > System restart), and then reinstalling the app (Select Channel Store > Search for the app > Click Add channel) to see if it will make any difference.

Please let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. We'll be waiting!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
babbs34543

we have tried this. It does not work. From what I can tell... the old movies that play in lower quality will still play on the screen. Anything UHD, 4K and all that fancy stuff does not display. Black screen with sound. What a shame to look this problem up and its common with NO true solution. I will likely trash my TV with ZERO intention of buying from Onn. brand or Roku. Do better, if this is a common issue. Fix it. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @babbs34543,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you have set up or activated this Roku TV or device? If not, is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Do you have an antenna, cable, or other device connected to your TV?
  • Can you please check if your TV is connected to the correct TV input or source?
  • What do you see on your screen after turning on your TV and trying to play content?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Abi1979

Definitely does not work, do NOT factory reboot! After I did this the screen is now completely out

0 Kudos
tvbroken

14-month-old Roku TV 43", black screen, tried all the 10 or so steps recommended, but none worked.  It was not worth the money, and customer support was not helpful at all.  I am more than willing to buy and replace the defective part myself but not even that info I can get from support.  The TV powers on, I can hear sound, a black screen.  If it is due to OS and driver upgrade then, which OS can fix it?  Will the TV pull the new OS automatically considering there is no way I can interface to force an upgrade?

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Abi1979 @tvbroken,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with your Roku TV. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, please provide us with additional information:

• When did the issue occur?
  • When does the TV go black-screen? Is it after you press an app, or does it happen right away when you turn on the TV?
  • What software version is your Roku device currently in? (Check in Settings > System > About.)

In the meantime, please try power-cycling your Roku TV by unplugging it from the power outlet and plugging it back in. You may also restart your system and update the software on your Roku device to see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
swinmachine
Channel Surfer

Same issue as rest. Started a few weeks ago. 70" onn. Roku menu works. Apps like weather work. Anything video streaming, blank screen with sound.

Nintendo switch and other inputs work fine. Definitely seems to be a software issue. 

0 Kudos