Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamaruhh
Channel Surfer

Re: I have an ONN Roku TV and get a black screen on all the apps

@RokuJechealR Your support page does not offer a solution to this issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tamaruhh,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this. Have you tried resetting your Roku TV? You can reset your Roku TV by pressing the reset button or pinhole at the back of your TV for about 20 seconds. Please be reminded that resetting it clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration which will erase your personal preferences, unlink your device from your Roku account, reset all settings, and return your device to a state ready for initial setup. If the issue persists after the suggested troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you contact onn Roku TV support to report the issue and get help. In this case, there's likely an issue with that specific TV that needs to be addressed with an update from them.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kmdice
Reel Rookie

I’ve had my ONN Roku tv for less than a month and just had the same issue. I did a restart and it foxed the problem. If it happens again I’m returning it. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kmdice,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. May we know what the current software version of your Roku TV is? (Settings, system, and about) Please try to unplug the Roku TV for 1 to 2 minutes and re-plug it back again.

We'll wait for your response, and we hope this helps.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tamaruhh
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB  unplugging the tv and restarting it does not fix the manufacturing issue of your product. The tv screen display will not work because of a backlight issue, like your customer service told me on the phone.

total waste of money and terrible customer service to offer 0 resolution to this obviously recurring theme with your TVs.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tamaruhh,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku TV. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kmdice
Reel Rookie

Hi John

I don’t have a picture of the problem because the restart resolved it. Everything looked normal, the home screen, the apps and menus. When I selected a program from any app, the screen went black and I had no sound. If I pressed fast forward, i would see a tiny picture at the bottom but the full screen remained black with no sound. I went to system and dod a restart. That fixed it but I am concerned it may be an ongoing issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kmdice,

Thanks for the update!

We appreciate your patience in this matter, and we're happy to hear that the issue is already resolved.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fcampos
Reel Rookie

I tried ALL the suggestions and it doesn’t fix the problem. I’m very disappointed on the product, I was about 2 more smaller tvs for the kids bedrooms for Christmas but Onno doesn’t provide any support. 
I’ll be switching brands, if I don’t get a solution for this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fcampos,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to investigate further this issue that you're having with your Roku TV. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos