Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hislop

How to get the Roku website and emails changed to English

I purchased a Roku equipped TV for our place in Mexico and set up an account.  I don't recall it asking me for a preferred language during the setup, not that I would have noticed since all the instructions were in Spanish.  I know how to select English audio on the TV if it is available...

But the Roku website (except the Community pages) is all in Spanish and so is all the emails they send me.

Today, at home here in Canada I purchased a Roku Premium 4K box and selected English during the setup.  I then signed in with my roku account user name.  Now all the channel offerings are in Spanish, but the TV menu is still in English.  I can get my Netflix account with English shows, but all other offerings are in Spanish.

So how do I get the website to display in English as well as their emails to me?  Using Google translate does not work as the website just kicks me out so I need to log in again.  And how can I get English language channel offerings?

I see lots of instructions on how to set the TV device to English, but none on how to get the Roku website and their emails to show in English... and how to get English language TV shows rather than all Spanish offerings..

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to get the Roku website and emails changed to English

If you're trying to use the Roku account you created while you were in Mexico on your new TV located in Canada you're going to have problems.  Many things are tied to the region of the Roku account which is set where and when you created the account and can't be changed.  I suggest that you create a new account for use in Canada and use the other one when you're in Mexico.  You'll have to factory reset the TV in order to link it to the new account

How to factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.