Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

Happened to mine too now it doesn’t put out any sound. Got it two months ago. 

0 Kudos
Tvspk4jc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This did not resolve my issue

Petelh

Jump to solution

Worked on my 3 series 40 inch

0 Kudos
5Boettcher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Turning my Volume "leveling" off fixed the problem but I've had "leveling" on for several months and it just started today.

0 Kudos
altjb

Jump to solution

Just started having this issue today and I found a fix in the settings.  I went into settings from the home screen – to system - to advanced system settings, - to factory reset – then click reset TV audio/picture settings and followed the instructions.  Not sure if this is a permanent fix.

0 Kudos
TAO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, thank you, FoodGuy.  That corrected the problem!  My TV was only 6 months old and tonight it started buzzing. By switching cables, connecting thru stereo receiver, etc., the problem remained, so I knew that the issue was in the TV's audio electronics. Turn off "leveling"!  Thank You

0 Kudos
Jacksonp9

Jump to solution

Okay so I was having this exact problem. I just messed with settings and it magically worked. These aren’t GUARANTEED steps but it worked for me:

1. Went to Hulu. Try an app where CC is not within the app, so Netflix won’t work. 

2. Pressed “*” 

3. Changed sound mode. Mine was on normal and I changed it to speech mode

4. Turned “Volume Mode” off. It was previously on “Leveling”. I turned that setting off, now it’s working perfectly! 

0 Kudos
bling

Jump to solution

Thank you, it worked.

0 Kudos
Jjjjjjjj

Jump to solution

Turning off the volume leveling worked for me!

@TheFoodGuy wrote:

I found what seems to be a fix for the distorted sound problem. I read somewhere that turning off the volume mode might help. I had mine set to “leveling”, but after I turned it off, I haven’t had any problems with distorted sound. 

I hope it works for you also. 

0 Kudos
barberific

Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

I unplugged my TV and replugged it back, it stop sure the static

0 Kudos