Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fixmytvorrefund
Level 7

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

Happened to mine too now it doesn’t put out any sound. Got it two months ago. 

0 Kudos
Tvspk4jc
Level 7

Jump to solution

This did not resolve my issue

Petelh
Level 7

Jump to solution

Worked on my 3 series 40 inch

0 Kudos
5Boettcher
Level 7

Jump to solution

Turning my Volume "leveling" off fixed the problem but I've had "leveling" on for several months and it just started today.

0 Kudos
altjb
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just started having this issue today and I found a fix in the settings.  I went into settings from the home screen – to system - to advanced system settings, - to factory reset – then click reset TV audio/picture settings and followed the instructions.  Not sure if this is a permanent fix.

0 Kudos
TAO
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, thank you, FoodGuy.  That corrected the problem!  My TV was only 6 months old and tonight it started buzzing. By switching cables, connecting thru stereo receiver, etc., the problem remained, so I knew that the issue was in the TV's audio electronics. Turn off "leveling"!  Thank You

0 Kudos
Jacksonp9
Level 7

Jump to solution

Okay so I was having this exact problem. I just messed with settings and it magically worked. These aren’t GUARANTEED steps but it worked for me:

1. Went to Hulu. Try an app where CC is not within the app, so Netflix won’t work. 

2. Pressed “*” 

3. Changed sound mode. Mine was on normal and I changed it to speech mode

4. Turned “Volume Mode” off. It was previously on “Leveling”. I turned that setting off, now it’s working perfectly! 

0 Kudos
bling
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, it worked.

0 Kudos
Jjjjjjjj
Level 7

Jump to solution

Turning off the volume leveling worked for me!

@TheFoodGuy wrote:

I found what seems to be a fix for the distorted sound problem. I read somewhere that turning off the volume mode might help. I had mine set to “leveling”, but after I turned it off, I haven’t had any problems with distorted sound. 

I hope it works for you also. 

0 Kudos
barberific
Level 7

Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

I unplugged my TV and replugged it back, it stop sure the static

0 Kudos