Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaneAP

How to fix black screen on Westinghouse Roku tv

Jump to solution

I used my cell phone WIFI to watch YouTube. When I discontinued the WIFI my screen has been black ever since. I have researched everything to do to fix it and still nothing. I am so frustrated.  I can see the display when I hold a light to the screen and use the remote to program but nothing fixes the issue with the black screen. Volume works.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix black screen on Westinghouse Roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi, @Spykat31

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We acknowledge your inquiry about locating the reset button on your Roku TV. The physical Reset button which is either tactile or a pinhole design, can be located at the back of your Roku TV and requires a straightened paperclip. 

We advise contacting Westinghouse directly and asking further questions about this experience if you're using this as a troubleshooting step for a TV display issue. Manufacturers of Roku TVs, like Westinghouse, will be better able to help you because they offer direct support for their TV models.

You can reach their support at Roku TVs - Westinghouse

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @ShaneAP

We understand the issue you're having, and we're sorry to hear about the troubles. Have you already tried performing a complete reset on your Roku TV? You can perform a factory reset to your Roku TV by navigating to Settings > System > Advance System Settings > Factory Reset. If you're unable to navigate to your Settings due to the black screen issue, kindly locate the reset button at the back of your Roku TV. Once located, press and hold it for 20-30 seconds after a re-boot display shows. After this, please see any differences and improvements.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LatoyaP

Jump to solution

So I’m having the same problem as Shane and I reset the tv using the button on the back of the tv and still nothing has changed, so you have any more advice?????

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LatoyaP,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for the update!

This may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ctbell

Jump to solution

We're having the same issue, sound but black screen. We've also tried this reset, but no luck. I reached out to Westinghouse and they suggested contacting Roku. Is there anything else we can try?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Ctbell

Warmest of welcomes here in the Roku Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the black screen problem that you have experienced on your Westinghouse Roku TV. We fully understand the difficulty this issue has caused you, and we want to assist you in the best possible way. To help us investigate this particular situation, we kindly request you to provide us with some details mentioned below:

• Roku TV Model
  • Device ID

This information will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team who will further investigate the issue further.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Spykat31

Jump to solution

Can anyone tell me where the reset button is on the back of the tv?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Spykat31

We acknowledge your inquiry about locating the reset button on your Roku TV. The physical Reset button which is either tactile or a pinhole design, can be located at the back of your Roku TV and requires a straightened paperclip. 

We advise contacting Westinghouse directly and asking further questions about this experience if you're using this as a troubleshooting step for a TV display issue. Manufacturers of Roku TVs, like Westinghouse, will be better able to help you because they offer direct support for their TV models.

You can reach their support at Roku TVs - Westinghouse

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos