Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissMBerry

How to fix Spotify not opening on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a fairly new (purchased last year) TCL Roku TV. All other apps expect Spotify are functioning normally. 

I followed the steps to update the app which were posted in response to someone else having an issue with Spotify. After updating all my apps, checking my wifi connection, uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify on my TV, it is still not working. I'm honestly not sure what else to do at this point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Darth_Cup
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Spotify not opening on my Roku TV

Jump to solution

This is how you fix it. Try logging in with the roku. While it is hanging, go to your smart phone on the same network and open spotify. On the app on the smart phone, look on the bottom for available devices. Your roku device will show up there. Select the roku device and then the login will move forward on the roku device. Cheers!

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
bigsammy

Re: Spotify Won't Open on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue. Roku says contact Spotify. Spotify had suggestions which didn't work, then said contact manufacturer. Have you gotten anywhere?

0 Kudos
Atemp09

Spotify not working on my roku tv. Please help!

Jump to solution

My Spotify isn't loading on my roku TV. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it several times. I manually checked for an update for my roku and it's up to date. I removed some other apps as well. Nothing seems to be working. Please help!

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spotify not working on my roku tv. Please help!

Jump to solution

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?  Without the restart, you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MissMBerry @bigsammy

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in this order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
anvid

Jump to solution

The solution offered by the Roku Community Streaming Expert does indeed work! Just tested it!

0 Kudos
pancakebrain
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny. I'm having the same issue. I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and the problem persists. I just tried launching again, no luck.

0 Kudos
Mhulderman42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi there,

My Spotify app worked for the longest time until the past 1.5 months. When I click on the app, it makes the click noise but it doesn’t open at all. 
-I updated both Roku and Spotify so both are up to date

-I deleted the app, restarted Roku in System Power settings, redownloaded Spotify, and still won’t work

-Every other channel on Roku works like normal

if you had any more suggestions, that would be great! Thank you!

evywillett

Jump to solution

I followed the above directions in order and the problem persists. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mhulderman42

Thanks for the post.

Can you please please specify the issue you are experiencing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos