Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hideaway
Reel Rookie

How to fix Alexa not controlling my Roku TV

Jump to solution

This did not solve problem. My Alexa has lost all control of TV. Alex speaks as if it is doing something like turning TV on or off but nothing happens. 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix Alexa not controlling my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. Please try again and if you are still experiencing an issue, please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing so we can investigate further.

Let me know if you have any other questions and any other concerns.

Many thanks,
Mary 

View solution in original post

145 REPLIES 145
diplexer
Binge Watcher

Alexa not changing live channels on Roku

Jump to solution

For the past few days Alexa skills will no longer change my live antenna channels.  It just gives me a message on TV that it could not do that.  All other requests to Alexa to say "find comedies on Roku" etc. work fine, just can no longer work with channels to switch to.  

mpoffo
Reel Rookie

Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

I was having an issue with one of my roku's.  As part of my problem solving I disabled the skill and when I went to re-enable it I get an error.   I click on the enable to use button in the skill section for Roku; login to my roku account; Accept and continue; select my devices; click on link to Alexa app; click on yes to enable auto-link; and finally to "Continue to Alexa App".

Once do that I get an error that says "Unable to link Roku with Alexa".  "We are experiencing a problem connecting with the skill to link your account.

I have tried this many times and now all my roku devices no longer work with the skill and I cannot seem to re-enable it.

Any thoughts?

zv523
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot reable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue, has been working fine since I got the TV a month ago.  Now all of a sudden it stopped working with Alexa so I tried factory resetting and re-pairing with Alexa and it gives me the same message you are getting.

cw1113
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with TCL Roku TV and Alexa.  The past few days Alexa said Roku not responding.  Fast start is enabled, changed app control to permissive.  Power cycled everything.  Disabled Roku skill in Alexa and now it will not connect anymore.  I get as far as logging into Roku and allowing but Alexa app says unable to connect.

Reikitogo
Reel Rookie

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

Same here. 

MightyHandy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Me too!  Same boat.  I tried to turn tv off with Alexa and it failed.  So I deactivated Alexa skill and attempted to reactivate it.  It also failed.

Clary77

Jump to solution

Mee too. Seme error. 

zv523
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah it worked fine last night and then did not this morning.  Interesting several people have the same issue, maybe a system update went thru overnight that messed something up with the Alexa connection?

Jump to solution

Same here, seems to be a communication error when trying to link accounts. My TV just lost the ability to communicate with Alexa and when trying to enable the skill it fails with this error. 

0 Kudos