Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amyoreilly
Reel Rookie

How to connect ps5 to Roku streambar for audio?

Jump to solution

Hi,

So I bought Roku streambar as my monitor has no audio. It doesn’t work like a tv, it’s literally just a screen but I’ve made it work. I recently bought a ps5 and I’m wondering is there a way to connect it to the streambar so the audio will come out of it? Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to connect ps5 to Roku streambar for audio?

Jump to solution

The only way to get audio into a Streambar is from an HDMI ARC port (which I assume your monitor doesn't have) or an optical cable.  You may be able to get an HDMI audio extractor with an optical output to put between the PS5 and the monitor.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

The only way to get audio into a Streambar is from an HDMI ARC port (which I assume your monitor doesn't have) or an optical cable.  You may be able to get an HDMI audio extractor with an optical output to put between the PS5 and the monitor.

Amyoreilly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for helping out. I was just wondering, if I got the HDMI audio extractor could I connect it to the PS5 and monitor and then use an optical cable to connect to the Roku Streambar and get audio? 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

That's the theory.  I'd get one from a place with a good return policy just in case it didn't work, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.