Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marklook22

How to Fix It When Roku Channels Won't Open

@disneyplus

If you're experiencing issues with Roku channels not opening, there are several steps you can take to try and resolve the problem. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to fix the issue:

1. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to the internet. Go to the Settings menu on your Roku home screen and select "Network" to verify the connection. If your Roku is connected via Wi-Fi, try restarting your router or connecting to a different network to see if the issue persists.

2. Restart your Roku device: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor software glitches. Go to the Settings menu on your Roku home screen, select "System," and then choose "System restart." Alternatively, you can unplug the power adapter from your Roku device, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in.

3. Update Roku software: Outdated software can cause compatibility issues. To update your Roku device, go to the Settings menu, select "System," and then choose "System update." Follow the on-screen instructions to check for and install any available updates.

4. Clear cache on the Roku: Over time, the cache can accumulate and cause performance issues. To clear the cache on your Roku, go to the Settings menu, select "System," followed by "Advanced system settings," and then choose "Network connection reset." This will clear the cache and restart your Roku device.

5. Reinstall problematic channels: If a specific channel is not opening, try removing and reinstalling it. Go to the home screen, navigate to the channel you want to remove, press the star (*) button on your Roku remote, and select "Remove channel." Afterward, visit the Roku Channel Store, search for the channel, and reinstall it.

6. Perform a factory reset: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can try performing a factory reset. Keep in mind that a factory reset will remove all your installed channels and settings, so make sure to note down any important information before proceeding. To perform a factory reset, go to the Settings menu, select "System," followed by "Advanced system settings," and then choose "Factory reset." Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

If you've tried all of these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing issues with Roku channels not opening, it may be necessary to contact Roku support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance tailored to your device and help you resolve any persistent problems.

8 REPLIES 8
LDW79

Re: How to Fix It When Roku Channels Won't Open

I have the same problem and have done every thing listed above. How do i contract roku support?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LDW79,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We hear you have the same issue with channel access and would like to know more about how we can assist. Could you please tell us more about the specific issue of this channel access you're having? What channel/s are affected? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve it?

The information you provide would help us understand the issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dino1000
Reel Rookie

I am having trouble opening divan.tv. I loaded on my room tv and it opens and the just buffers and never opens. I have tried all of the fixes suggested and still no luck

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Dino1000,

We're thrilled to have you here in the Roku community!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're happy to help. Could you tell us the following details?

• Is the issue happening to all channels across your Roku device? Or happening with the mentioned channel only?
  • May we know your device's running OS? (Settings > System > About).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Please let us know so we can look closely into this concern.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mwiner

My Roku channels won't open. Stuck on Golazo network. 

0 Kudos
mwiner

I don't know what you mean by settings. I just used my Roku control to go on the Golazo Network. Can;t get off of it,

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mwiner,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We understand that you're having issues accessing the Golazo channel on your Roku. We're happy to assist you with this.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device [Settings > System > Power (skip if option unavailable) > Restart], and adding the channel.

You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

We hope this helps. Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dino1000
Reel Rookie

Hello: I have a TLC model 655421 hardware id 7134x software version 12.5.5 build 4174-30. I have removed Divan tv. Then restarted tv and reloaded. I have updated the tv and divan tv. Divan tv opens and the just buffers. Never get to programs.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.