Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcm52
Reel Rookie

How do I delete the new categories & browse sections on my home screen?

They seem to have added two extra rows on my home screen. I do not want them. the *options button does nothing for these. If I want to find something, I will use search. HELP!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I delete the new categories & browse sections on my home screen?

You'll find many threads about the cruft Roku has been adding to the Home Screen lately.  For some of it, Roku has stated that there will be menu options to remove/hide them, but it's anyone's guess as to when that might happen and whether it applies to all the cruft.  I've yet to see a positive comment regarding any of their new additions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
nmmjq

These new "Categories" & "Browse" rows on the home screen are in the way & make it slower to use Roku to watch what I want.  The product is much better without Roku's cluttering up the home screen.  At least, let us hide or delete theser rows completely.  If Roku insists on having them, put "categories" & "browse" in the left most column.  Then, if someone's interested, they select them.  However, don't mess up my home screen by adding junk to the channel icons section.   It just slows me down.

0 Kudos
bdrums
Channel Surfer

They (finally) have the option to turn it off in settings. 
I was linked to a string of 40+ pages of comments about the same topic.)

0 Kudos