Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
An713
Channel Surfer

How Do I Force turn off HDR on my TCL 6 series?

How Do I Force turn off HDR on my TCL 6 series R625??? I tried the secret menu way, but the "Disable HDR" option isnt there anymore? or at least isnt there anymore for my model. 

7 REPLIES 7
panolan181

Re: How Do I Force turn off HDR on my TCL 6 series?

I have the same question. I do not see any HDR options under the "secret menu". My screen flickers whenever Netflix shows Dolby Vision content. I see no way of turning Dolby Vision off. It's rather frustrating considering how much you pay for the newest 8k technology, and your picture is unbearable to watch.

MPA2000
Reel Rookie

I thought HDR is only relevant when playing video games connected to your PC?  You would just turn off HDR at the display setting in Windows. 

0 Kudos
blasko229
Reel Rookie

I've used the secret menu in the past but it's only temporary fix. Restarting it will be back on. The only permanent solution is adding an external separate roku and setting that display to non hdr. So 4k instead of 4k hdr. And then set your inputs that the new roku auto starts every time the TV comes on.

This is, frankly, bs that there is no other way. Probably wouldn't buy another roku tv as I've had mine for more than five years and clearly it's not fixed in newer versions. 

MPA2000
Reel Rookie

On my Roku I just go to TV inputs and disable HDMI. No more HDR.  Not sure why you wouldn't want that feature.

0 Kudos
CaseyCip22
Reel Rookie

Did you ever find out the answer to this? I am so annoyed! I just got a new TCL TV with Roku and I want to turn off the HDR. I hate it!

MPA2000
Reel Rookie

Nope. I had to search the settings and came across something that read "developmental" or something.  There you can turn it off. 

0 Kudos
Sarahrt

While streaming something, press * > Picture settings > Picture mode > Movie

Tags (1)
0 Kudos