Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
logurtt
Reel Rookie

Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

I’ve had this Hisense Model 55R6+ for a while now and it used to work perfectly fine, today is April 23rd 2024 and right now i’m sitting here looking at my tv watching it constantly connect, disconnect, and reconnect and do the same thing over and over again. sometimes, when i even turn the tv on nothing will show up, and it will stay this way for sometimes minutes mins you, just the background of the main menu shows up none of my apps or hdmi inputs. and i’ve checked my wifi too it’s not the problem, not to mention though with the tv literally making itself somehow disconnect and reconnect to the wifi i cannot use airplay or screen mirroring anymore, this problem with the wifi on this tv has practically made it useless and i have had to resort to using a firestick for the time being and i don’t want to do that i’d like my tv that i paid a good amount of money for to work. 

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

Hi, @logurtt 

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that your Hisense Roku TV is having some connectivity issues, and we're here to help you out. For this matter, let's perform a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue. A system restart is a good option to start with. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

This will reboot your Roku TV. Once this is done, you may check how this works. Please let us know how it goes and we'll continue to assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
logurtt
Reel Rookie

@RokuTakashi , 

I’ve dealt with this tv having this problem for months, rebooting/restarting it doesn’t work. I’ve done just about anything and everything i could think of and did a lot of research on the issue i’m having. Nothing i’ve tried has helped or anything i’ve been told, i just want my tv to work. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @logurtt 

May we know if you've tried connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to connect and maintain a connection as well as launch apps? If not, we recommend trying this step to see how it works.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
countrylizzard
Channel Surfer

Mine does the same thing. My old roku tv didnt ever disconnect from wifi but somehow this new tv does. Its odd. Now I get the one in the living room disconnects from the wifi all the time so we're used it. But that tv is from 2020 and isnt hooked to cable its hooked to atena. BUT my new tv in the family room takes forever to recognize its hooked to the xfinity box and sometimes I have to reconnect it to wifi because just like you mentioned the roku tv somehow disconnects from wifi im not sure how. Its weird. I dont think it has anything to do with my wifi through comcast or anything

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @countrylizzard 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with the network connection of your Roku TV, and we'd be glad to help you in getting you to connect to your network seamlessly. For this matter, let's perform some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

Network Reset Connection

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.
  6. Re-enter the credentials on your network.

System Restart.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power (skip if this sub-menu is not available and proceed to step 5).
  5. Select System Restart.

Additionally, we recommend restarting your network's modem/router and trying a hotspot to see if you're able to maintain a connection.

If you have further concerns or inquiries, please let us know. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
countrylizzard
Channel Surfer

Yea I already tried that. What Ive found is it takes forever to recognize the cable box. I reset the box that didnt work either. Now I just accept it. Its very weird. This is a NEW roku tv and I never had this issue with the old roku tv from 2020. I dont know if its the box or the roku tv thats the issue. Software is up to date too. The other thing I noticed is sometimes the roku tv disconnects from the wifi too every so often. Kinda odd but I read thats happened before to others. Ive now just accepted that itll take a few minutes before it recogizes the cable box. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for keeping us posted, @countrylizzard

This is not the experience we'd expect you to have, and we'd like to work on this issue. For us to further address this, kindly provide the following details so an investigation will be conducted. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have team information, our team will review the case and move forward with actions necessary to address the issue at hand.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
countrylizzard
Channel Surfer

Hisense Model 4Series-40

Serial number X02700VTLS4X

Software 12.5.0 build 5159-G5

Device ID S0JEY3DTLS4X

At this point Ive just accepted that it takes a few tries to get it to come on. Ive reset the cable box Ive reset the tv checked wifi etc. Eventually it works. I have the cable box plugged into hdmi1 in the back of the tv should I plug it into hdmi2 or 3 or does it make a difference. Maybe one day itll fix itself. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in touch, @countrylizzard

Kindly be advised that we have forwarded the concern you have encountered to the appropriate Roku team who'll investigate the issue further. We'll be working with them as we will provide updates regarding any progress and developments with the investigation in this thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in the meantime.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos