Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hisense Roku TV dark screen

Just purchased a Hisense 70" roku tv less  than 2 months ago after our first TCL roku tv turned off and never came back on (had for less than a year). Turned it on today and everything was fine until we tried using the playstation or streaming channels then the screen would dim to almost black. Messed with the settings and used some suggestions from google, but nothing really helped. Anybody have any other suggestions? We've moved cables and wires, moved the plugs around, still nothing.

This is beginning to become a complete waste of money and I gave roku a second chance but if it's something that can't be fixed, I will not waste my money again. Too much of a hassle for someone living paycheck to paycheck. 

0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
botgraphix

Re: Hisense Roku TV dark screen

I just bought a brand new Hisense 58" Roku 4K Tv. Its only been 3 weeks, this morning I got the Dark Screen Problem also. It had been working fine all this time. I changed settings.. it only worked on Movie Mode in Picture Settings.. but i cant use that because the coloring is different .. as im using it with my computer as a giant monitor. 

2 bottom HDMI ports are doing the dark issue but the top HDMI port works normal?

My Roku Menus work normal though.. its only when i select an hdmi port it goes dark. I changed everything out.. Same issue. Seems to be the Operating System Roku.. 

0 Kudos
tony1113

I have the same problem. every picture mode except for Movie is unwatchable. Dark outlines.

Same. Had it about 3 weeks and poof just like that it’s started.

i found that if I set the picture to movie mode it works, but only god knows for how long.

I’d love to find an answer to this issue.  

0 Kudos

Tonight when I turned on my Hisense 58R6E1 TV the Roku menu was full brightness, but when I select anything to watch (cable TV, any streaming app, the DVD player, etc), all picture modes except "Movie" result in a dark screen.  Bought it a little over a month ago at WalMart.  Guess it's going back tomorrow!

Ismality

This literally just happened to me. I bought a 70" hisense roku TV a couple of months ago. Thankfully I bought this POS from Costco. It's going back next weekend when I have some time. First and last time I buy hisense/roku.

Sjcooney96

Just experienced very similar issues. The screen isn’t necessarily going dark, the colors are inverted. I solved it by unplugged the power cable for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. Works fine again

Cbro5

Thank you - power cycling the tv worked!

MickeyWobble
Channel Surfer

Thanks 

30 seconds

sorted 

perfect 

MickeyWobble
Channel Surfer

Yep happened this morning after 4 months.

as per advice below, 

unplug from mains (we unplugged the power cord at the tv) wait 30 seconds put it back start it up all good! 

don’t  know why but I can live with this. Just thinking, it’s been on and on standby since purchase so maybe it needs to go by-bys once in a while 🤷🏻‍♂️