Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rana0460

Had Roku years ago now fire TV need info.

I've been wanting to buy a Roku stick and plug it into my insignia fire edition TV and so I looked up online to see how if at all it work together and everything I've read said it will work perfectly even vice versa fire stick into a Roku TV, I also look to see what the added benefit would be and it actually shows a lot of benefit to it so I want to ask you Roku users that are familiar with Roku but more so if you have experience having both of them. Like I said I had Roku Hisense TV many years ago and I don't remember much but does Roku use the Play store or mostly full Android apps more so than fire stick because as you probably know fire stick is Android based so any and all information from any of you experienced users even if you don't or haven't used both anything or info I can gain from any of you I would greatly appreciate so feel free to send me any and all info you can think of that I would need to appreciate a Roku and my fire TV and one last thing what is the best Roku stick that I can get and can I sideload apks or apps onto Roku like I can and have done and will continue to do onto my fire TV I do that as you know from stores or codes if there are stores and codes that you need pertaining to the Roku stick if you can help me out and set me up with some of the good ones I would greatly appreciate it. I just wanted to say I appreciate any help and information I can get and everyone be safe.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Had Roku years ago now fire TV need info.

Roku isn't Android!  There are no APKs.  Whatever you're trying to do with a Roku probably isn't possible.  You get what's in their "Channel Store" and that's it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos