Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mockingjay
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max Not Keeping Track of Series Viewing Progress

Jump to solution

Roku app. And I have no option to delete the app. The option does not appear in the menu, yet it does for other apps... 

0 Kudos
steinein
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.

It doesn't matter if I watch via my Roku TV, a dumb TV w/a Roku box or the Max app on my phone.

And...

It also continually removes shows I am watching from the "continue watching" and/or "my list" sections on the front page, so I frequently have to do a search to find them.

wdavis0721
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Following this. Same issues - not keeping track of progress and not showing programs in continue watching. 

byrdmanz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I reset the display settings in Roku to 720p to fix audio/video sync issue.

0 Kudos
bdhoundus

Jump to solution

Our HBO Max experience deteriorated significantly with the new "Max" app.  Not remembering last watched episodes on series and series disappearing from Continue Watching.  Someone please restore the previous version of the app and simply change the icon to the new Max one to keep the marketing folks happy.

lita0719
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, the same issues continue, no matter what maneuvers I try. I thought that after a couple of weeks the bugs would have been fixed, but it doesn't appear as if the geniuses that support the app are interested in providing customer support. Based on the posts here and other forums, I'm leaning towards saying that this is an HBO Max/Max app issue, not necessarily a Roku one. Or perhaps they are tied in. Regardless, the switch to Max really messed up things when it comes to properly keeping the users' viewing progress and history! Quite disappointing that this hasn't been fixed by now, they have had plenty of time to do so. 

Loverbird
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I believe the issue lies with the Max app and is not glitch with Roku, as I have other streaming apps and have no issues with my other streaming services keeping track of my viewing progress.

Alseaj

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV with the official new hbo max app and it doesn't track episode progress. It did before it forced me to install the new app, it doesn't now that I've logged in to the new one, it doesn't after I've uninstalled and reinstalled as you've suggested. Hbo really should have asked their users if they wanted access to My 600lb Life on their app before fore integrating their newly acquired content, instead of wither keeping both entities separate, or bringing some NatGeo over this way.

TTRams
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update. It has again stopped working. Weird. 

byrdmanz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fire tv products work well with Max.

0 Kudos