Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalesandn

Getting Roku Starz to work on a hotel smart roku tv

I am paying for the Starz subscription through Roku. Why is it not possible to watch Starz on hotel smart tv's when I am travelling?  Why can I not watch my subscription to Starz when I am visiting my son who, also, has a smart tv? I can login to the Roku channel but I cannot to the Starz through Roku. It always asks for my payment information. This is ridiculous that I cannot watch it on other Smart Tv's!!! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Getting Roku Starz to work on a hotel smart roku tv

Because you chose to subscribe to Starz through Roku, this subscription is tied to your Roku account.   When you are not connected to your Roku account, such as when visiting friends, etc., you don't have access to this subscription.

This is not unique to Roku.  Subscribing through a third party (Roku, Amazon, Hulu, whomever) you nearly always can only then access that subscription via that third party. 

If you want to have access through multiple platforms, you should subscribe directly with that service on its web page.  Then you can use and log into that service wherever it has made a dedicated app available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X