Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MFMatt

Game controller as remote

Is there a way to connect a ps4 or Xbox controller to a 65 inch 4k onn roku TV I have tried the USB port and in the settings I have tried connecting it as a remote and no luck. Has any one successfully connected a game controller to thisTV, and how did you do it?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Game controller as remote

Warm greetings here in the Roku Community, @MFMatt!

Thank you for contacting us about using game controllers to navigate your ONN Roku TV. We would be happy to provide further information about this.

At this moment, this feature is not available on Roku, but we assure you that we will share it with the respective team as we always aim for your convenience and satisfaction. 

Let us know if you have further questions or are in need of any help. We'd be happy to continue doing so.

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Xboxcontroller
Reel Rookie

Hello I just got a 55inch roku tv hisense  55u6  12.5.5 software

I also want to use my controller (without xbox) as a remote. Can I do this with this tv? I have a chatpad on my controller and it would be awesome to be able to use it. Ty

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Xboxcontroller, sorry, it's not possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Xboxcontroller
Reel Rookie

Will it be something that you can work on? ( chatpad working also? So I can type easily ) please ty. Would be awesome

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Xboxcontroller!

We appreciate and value the feedback you provide. Please be assured that we will share your input with the appropriate team for review and consideration.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos