Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HungryByteman
Reel Rookie

Do wireless speakers only work with a Roku TV? Do they also work with Roku soundbar on non-Roku TV?

Jump to solution

I am intrigued by the idea of using wireless speakers to get the full surround sound experience in my office/bedroom, but I'm confused.

Is that only an option with the Roku TV, or if I have a non-Roku TV, can I get one of the Roku Soundbars and the pair of wireless speakers and get the full experience?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Do wireless speakers only work with a Roku TV? Do they also work with Roku soundbar on non-Roku

Jump to solution

Roku wireless speakers only work as mains when paired to Roku tv. Non-Roku tv can't be used with them. The wireless soeakers can be paired with roku soundbar, streambar, or streambar pro which case they would be rear speakers. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Do wireless speakers only work with a Roku TV? Do they also work with Roku soundbar on non-Roku

Jump to solution

The wireless speakers aren't even available in the UK..would want to buy them.  No voice remote pro either.

And shipping/customs from US to UK makes them too expensive.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
HungryByteman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fortunately, I'm in the US. I already have a Roku Premiere and a voice remote, so this intrigued me.

I'll look forward to other answers.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku wireless speakers only work as mains when paired to Roku tv. Non-Roku tv can't be used with them. The wireless soeakers can be paired with roku soundbar, streambar, or streambar pro which case they would be rear speakers. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Etzelm

Jump to solution

There should be more information posted for the consumer that is considering the wireless speakers and sales staff selling them. I purchased these wireless speakers from Best Buy and should have been asked or informed by the sales associate that they only work on Roku TV's.

0 Kudos
Etzelm

Jump to solution

So that being the case,I am understanding the soundbar does not put out any volume,just the wireless speakers. 

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes, it works as front speaker. Wireless speakers go behind you. Add the subwoofer and it’s amazeballs. 

0 Kudos