Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Genitive

Denon AVR-X1700H with Roku Ultra

Hi. I purchased and set up a Denon AVR-X1700H.
Currently, I have an older Samsung TV but I am planning on upgrading as I get enough money to a QN90C.
Today, I have a Roku stick I plugged into my TV and a digital optical connection to the AVR.
Everything works fine.
My question has to do with how I configure my setup when I upgrade to a new TV.
I plan to purchase a Roku Ultra.
Can I plug the new Roku Ultra into the back of my AVR?
If so, where?
And then how do I connect the AVR to my new Samsung TV?
There is an HDMI Out HDCP 2.3 ARC / eARC port and many HDMI in HDCP 2.3 assignable ports (Cable / Sat, Media Player, Blue-Ray etc) on the AVR.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Denon AVR-X1700H with Roku Ultra

You definitely want to connect the receiver to the (e)ARC port of the TV.  Then I think you can connect the Roku device to either the TV or the receiver.  The receiver appears to have multiple inputs anyone of which would support a Roku device, but there's no sense in connecting it to an 8k port or the ARC port.  It might be a better question for Denon to see if they have any recommendations.

There's probably multiple ways to connect everything including the optical port and connecting the Roku device to the receiver, but connecting the Roku device to the TV and using the optical connection won't give the best audio performance since not all audio formats can be passed over optical.  There's also the issue of do you mind using more than one remote?  The ARC connection should allow the TV's remote to control the volume, but with an optical connection you'd have to use the receiver's remote or a universal remote.

I'm sure audiophiles have all kinds of opinions about what's best.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos