Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElectronicsFan
Streaming Star

Re: DVD player seems to not be connected

Jump to solution

You could call TCL customer service and let them know the breakout rca cable that goes into the 3.5mm input slot that allows you to connect an AV device wasn't included in your TV box when it should've been and ask if they can send you a replacement. Or you could try to order one from Amazon or pickup one from your local electronics store. It's like the device in this link 

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Video-Component-Cable-Replacement/dp/B08NV48MHP/ref=asc_df_B08NV48MHP...

0 Kudos
plmiller
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I suspect I will have to purchase one.  Looking at the booklet that came with the TV, that is not included in the "what's included"

0 Kudos
ElectronicsFan
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well that sucks!

0 Kudos
plmiller
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Par for the course!  Thanks for hanging in with me

ElectronicsFan
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You're welcome!

0 Kudos
plmiller
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

FYI.  the adapter (or lack of) was the issue.  Connected it and DVD player was instantly recognized.

ElectronicsFan
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update! I was hoping that would solve it for you.  So glad it worked out. 

0 Kudos
ClareK

Jump to solution

Under settings in Roku home, delete your current DVD input. Your tv is assuming you have a DVD player from this century. (What a fool!) add a new input: under input options you should see and unused option with an icon of your three av plugs. Once added, rename (dvd is provided as an option). Go to your home menu. Dvd player should now work. 

0 Kudos
Beeb_

Dvd Av Problem "Too Small"

Jump to solution

I have an old DVD player with 3 av cables red yellow and white. DoeRoku roku tv only have a yellow and a black slot how can I connect my av?

0 Kudos
plmiller
Binge Watcher

Re: Dvd Av Problem "Too Small"

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.