Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Willaj
Reel Rookie

Crunchyroll unusable on Roku tv 2023

I’ve done a lot of research online through forums and it seems like this is an extremely common issue with Crunchyroll specifically. You create a Crunchyroll subscription and the apps works great for about 2 days and then you try playing an episode and the loading screen just loads forever. I’ve left my apartment to see if it was just slow but 2 hours later it’s still just loading. I unsubscribed through Roku and created my own account with my email and it’s still doing the same thing. The app works fine on my phone and pc and with everything I’ve read on the internet this is a Roku specific issue. I can’t uninstall the app because I’m still in a “billing cycle” which is even more frustrating. Can someone pass the message on to the supervisors and try to find a solution for this problem a lot of us depend on crunchy roll for their up to date series from Japan. Thankyou for reading.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Crunchyroll unusable on Roku tv 2023

Having same issue after it working fine for about a year. Now on steady long term loading. Did you get a resolution???

0 Kudos
Willaj
Reel Rookie

Re: Crunchyroll unusable on Roku tv 2023

Yes had to go to extremes sadly. Unsubscribe from Roku subscription with crunchy from Roku website under subscriptions” and then factory reset your tv, “like completely reset” then go on your browser or app on phone create a new subscription with your email “so it’s not connected through Roku” download Crunchyroll back onto tv “it will no longer be on your apps since you unsubscribed and then factory reset” sign into crunchy roll with the app and now it runs completely fine. Really hope this helps I almost considered buying a ps5 sooner than I’d have liked in order to watch jujutsu kaisen lol.

0 Kudos