Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weldnsing

Create an account for Roku TV

I have owned my Roku Westinghouse TV for two years no problems. I just changed internet service to T-Mobile and after connecting received a message that I have to create a Roku account. This led to a page where I was required to enter my personal information and my credit card number. Because I will not provide this information and risk getting billed for a service I should have, I cannot use my TV. What can I do?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Create an account for Roku TV

If you already have a Roku account, there's no need to create a new one.  If you're not sure of the email address used on your Westinghouse TV you can find it under Settings->System->About.

It's been a while since I've set up a device from scratch, so I don't remember exactly how it goes (and it's probably changed since the last time I did it), but this is the best information I could find:

How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

It's possible that it may still ask you to attach a credit card to your account at some point, but it's not necessary.  Once your TV is linked and starts downloading your channels/apps you're really finished with the linking process and can skip the rest unless you want to take advantage of some of the offers for new devices (which will require setting up a credit card).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Create an account for Roku TV

Hi! @weldnsing,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!
Have you tried doing a factory reset and then activating your TV with your existing Roku account.

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.