Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MADOGRE1975
Channel Surfer

Crackling occurs with DD+ while watching Hulu and Paramount+

While watching Hulu and Paramount+ I get awful crackling when a show goes to a commercial or back to the show.

This only occurs with Dolby Digital+(DD+) selected by my AV Receiver (Onkyo TX-RZ50).

If I have anything else selected such as DTS Neutral X or multi channel it doesn't occur.

My Roku 4k Ultra is set to passthrough, other wise it sets everything to Dolby Atmos.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Crackling occurs with DD+ while watching Hulu and Paramount+

Warmest welcome here in the Roku community, @MADOGRE1975!

Thank you for raising your concern with us. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, may we know when you first observed this behavior on Hulu and Paramount+ apps? In addition to that, is this the only apps affected by this? 

We'll be anticipating your response, as we are more than eager to provide you with an accurate resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
MADOGRE1975
Channel Surfer

It's been occuring for about a year that I'm aware of.

If I have it plugged into ANY USB2.1 port (none EARC) on my TV(LG C1) it doesn't do this.

If it's plugged into my AVR(Onkyo TX-RZ50) it does if set to passthrough. I have tried multiple USC 2.1 cables and different USB ports on my AVR.

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Welcome to the club, lots of speakers popping these days. 

0 Kudos
MADOGRE1975
Channel Surfer

Oddly it doesn't if I hook the Roku to the TVs HDMI.

0 Kudos
MADOGRE1975
Channel Surfer

I still have this issue with DD+, I have tried multiple HDMI 2.1 and 2.0 cables, I recently got a new Roku ultra 4k and same cracking.

I have swapped to my old Fire stick 4k plugged into the same AVR(Onkyo TX-RZ50) and works perfectly with DD+. So this is 100% a Roku issue...

0 Kudos
MADOGRE1975
Channel Surfer

Still waiting on an update or any sort of work around. 

0 Kudos