Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting an LG S65Q Soundbar to a Roku TV via Bluetooth?

Just recently purchased an LG S65Q Soundbar and Subwoofer with the intention of connecting it to my Westinghouse Roku TV. No matter what I try, I can't get the Roku TV to detect the soundbar (or subwoofer) via Bluetooth. 

I have a TCL soundbar connected to another Roku TV, and I had no issues connecting.

Any advice on connecting the LG S65Q soundbar to the Roku TV? I'd rather not use an HDMI cable.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Connecting an LG S65Q Soundbar to a Roku TV via Bluetooth?

Hello @Bunderstorm

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thank you for reaching out regarding your issue with connecting your LG Soundbar and Subwoofer to your Westinghouse Roku TV via Bluetooth. 

Before you can enjoy your favorite streaming content in surround sound, please be advised that the Roku TV does not support Bluetooth connectivity with speakers, you must connect your audio/video receiver (AVR) or soundbar to your Roku TV using an HDMI cable or optical cable.

To learn more, this article provides additional details about How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting an LG S65Q Soundbar to a Roku TV via Bluetooth?

@Bunderstorm 

TCL and now Roku sell wireless Soundbars that connect to Roku tv's via WIFI-direct, not Bluetooth. 

Like this one:

Roku TV Wireless Soundbar – TV Soundbar for Home Theater | Roku

As it says in the description it says it streams music from Bluetooth device, but doesn't transmit via Bluetooth. Only Wifi. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos