Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Northwatch
Reel Rookie

Can view channel info but no video and audio.

Hi, bought my Roku TV a 1.5 years ago. I'm having a problem with no audio and video in the Roku Live TV app only. All other apps work fine (Prime Video, Vudu, ESPN, etc.). I get the show's info in the guide as to what show is playing, what the episode is about, etc., but no audio or video. I have reset tv to factory several times, uninstalled and re-installed the Roku Live TV app, checked internet, reset internet, unplugged all cables, waited, then started from scratch. Everything works but Roku Live TV. Antenna TV shows work fine, other apps work fine. Go to Roku TV Live, get spinning circle for a couple seconds and all the channel information just fine, JUST NO AUDIO/VIDEO! Has anyone esle experienced this or any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
38 REPLIES 38
Chucka
Channel Surfer

Re: Can view channel info but no video and audio.

I’m having the same issue been like this for a week. Everytime I call they say wait 1-2 more days and still nothing is happening.

0 Kudos
Northwatch
Reel Rookie

We even bought Roku stick to see if that would fix it and it didn't. My issue started about a week ago too.

0 Kudos
Richkulasenski
Reel Rookie

Same here and the run around I am getting from them is complete bull$hit...  

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having an issue with Roku Live TV. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

With further details, we'll be able to take a closer look at this issue.
Warm regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
satyaprasad
Channel Surfer

Same issue, none of the Roku tv channels and streaming work(keeps on loading)

same happens with app as well

issue id - FC-285-014

software version 12.0.0
build 4182-DD
update last checked 7/17/23 6:16 pm
last updated 7/17/23 5:04 pm
time zone is EST
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @satyaprasad,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Northwatch
Reel Rookie

Resized_20230718_192924.jpegResized_20230718_192852001.jpeg

In this last photo, you can see channel info but the screen continues to cycle/load so it's getting some of the signal but no video or audio. Other apps (Hulu, Vudu, Apple +, Prime Video, Disney +, ESPN, Netflix, etc) all work so it's not internet connection. Let it set for hours on this screen and channel info updates but never any video/audio.

0 Kudos
Olssy
Channel Surfer

Same issue abd have tried factory reset to no avail, here is the About info:

TCL model: 55R613-CA

Hardware ID: 7120X

Serial Number: YS00LG685680

Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4182-30

Device ID: FV206L685680

Here is the tracker ID info:

ID: 80-292-024

No video or screenshot but it is the same as the previous person, channel info shows up and all other channels such as Prime and YouTube work correctly but no audio or video is displayed on the Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Olssy,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for your device information. We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos