Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBURGOS216

Can't get past the channel update screen when activating my account

Jump to solution

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem with my Roku element TV

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't get past the channel update screen when activating my account

Jump to solution

Hi, @JBURGOS216

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're unable to get past the channel update screen when activating your Roku TV. To successfully get past this phase, please make sure that you have a great signal strength since channel updates are dependent on the condition of your network. Thus, we recommend you to follow the steps below:

1. Restart your modem/router and ensure that the Roku TV is near or has an excellent signal strength from the network.
  2. Perform a restart to Roku TV. Either perform it by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System Restart, or unplug the Roku TV for a minute and plug it once more.
  3. Try to proceed with the channel update screen once more.

By ensuring that the steps provided above are followed, you'll be able to resolve the issue at hand.

We hope this works, and please let us know on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't get past the channel update screen when activating my account

Jump to solution

Hi, @JBURGOS216

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're unable to get past the channel update screen when activating your Roku TV. To successfully get past this phase, please make sure that you have a great signal strength since channel updates are dependent on the condition of your network. Thus, we recommend you to follow the steps below:

1. Restart your modem/router and ensure that the Roku TV is near or has an excellent signal strength from the network.
  2. Perform a restart to Roku TV. Either perform it by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System Restart, or unplug the Roku TV for a minute and plug it once more.
  3. Try to proceed with the channel update screen once more.

By ensuring that the steps provided above are followed, you'll be able to resolve the issue at hand.

We hope this works, and please let us know on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos