Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeckyMo
Reel Rookie

Can't add my Roku Wireless Speakers to my Roku Soundbar and Roku TV

I have an Onn Roku TV and a Roku Wireless Soundbar.  These Are working just fine.  I also have the Roku Wireless Speakers but when I go to add them, they are "grayed out" not an option to select.  I can pick the subwoofer but not the wireless speakers.  I can unpair the soundbar and add the speakers or vice versa but cannot have both.  Is there a reason? Am I doing something wrong?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't add my Roku Wireless Speakers to my Roku Soundbar and Roku TV

Hi @BeckyMo,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are struggling to pair your Roku soundbar and Roku speaker with your Onn Roku TV. We're happy to help. Please be advised that you must check the software version on your TV, and it must be running Roku OS 10.0 or higher to work with a Roku TV Wireless soundbar and Roku wireless speakers. If you have not done so yet, check the software version of your Roku TV. Manually enter pairing mode: Go to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Set up a new device.

You can also check out these links below:

How to resolve issues pairing your Roku TV Wireless Soundbar

How to resolve issues pairing your Roku® wireless speakers

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeckyMo
Reel Rookie

I checked and the TV seems to update regularly, it is on 12.0.  Still, I checked again and I can pair either the soundbar or the wireless speakers but it won't let me do both.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@BeckyMo,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Have you tried repairing both the Roku wireless speaker and the Roku soundbar and then trying them back again to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

If the issue persists, we suggest performing a hard reset on both devices. You'll be able to find the reset button at the back of each device. Then try again.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeckyMo
Reel Rookie

Tried multiple times and it still only allows me to do the roku soundbar or the roku wireless speakers but not both.  It would like me do the subwoofer but I do not have that.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BeckyMo,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the Roku Community!

We understand you have problems pairing your Roku wireless speaker and soundbar together. We're happy to help. Please be advised that Roku wireless speakers cannot be paired to your Roku TV when a Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar is connected. Instead, they can be paired with a Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar as wireless surround speakers, letting you enjoy an excellent, immersive audio experience with the built-in streaming player and external devices such as a gaming console, Blu-ray player, and cable set-top box. You can check out this link here to get more details.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos