Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frankey88
Channel Surfer

Can I use Roku branded TVs in Germany?

Jump to solution

There are only 2 Brands one Sale in Germany TCL  and the once great German brand METZ. But they sold their Soul to China. The issue with borh is that all their Models in sale running OS10. My 15€ Roku Streaming Stick runs OS 11. 

Is Roku planing on selling their new own Brand of TVs in Germany or the EU at some Point?

My other question is  would a Model i buy during a trip to the US in September work at all in Germany? I know the EU has some strict laws regarding imported electronic devices.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I use Roku branded TVs in Germany?

Jump to solution

Hi @Frankey88 

Thanks for posting an inquiry about the new Roku branded TVs.

Roku branded TVs will work in Germany, but there are some things to note:

• You'll need to make sure to setup and activate the TV in Germany, as setting it up in a different region will cause issues with the channel store.
  • Please be aware that Roku branded TVs are not certified for use outside of the US as the power supply is only 120V.

Hope this provides some clarification and insight regarding Roku branded TVs and using them in a different region outside of the US.

If you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Frankey88 

Thanks for posting an inquiry about the new Roku branded TVs.

Roku branded TVs will work in Germany, but there are some things to note:

• You'll need to make sure to setup and activate the TV in Germany, as setting it up in a different region will cause issues with the channel store.
  • Please be aware that Roku branded TVs are not certified for use outside of the US as the power supply is only 120V.

Hope this provides some clarification and insight regarding Roku branded TVs and using them in a different region outside of the US.

If you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Frankey88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
I think iam not going to buy a US version. Things like warranty, updates and content could be a cause problems as well.
0 Kudos