Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Echo Dot as an audio speaker for my Hisense Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Can I use my Echo Dot as an audio speaker for my Hisense Roku tv?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Use Echo Dot for Roku tv audio?

Jump to solution

@Ericizsaved1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to use your Echo Dot as an external speaker for your Roku TV, then it will not work. However, you can use the Echo Dot with your Roku TV for other functionalities.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I use Amazon Alexa with my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ericizsaved1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to use your Echo Dot as an external speaker for your Roku TV, then it will not work. However, you can use the Echo Dot with your Roku TV for other functionalities.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I use Amazon Alexa with my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
samshaw

Jump to solution

You absolutely can do this!  However, there appears to be only one way.  You MUST first download the Roku TV app to your phone.  That's because only the app has a headset option you can bluetooth to an external device; your physical remote for the Roku TV does NOT have this functionality.  After you have downloaded the app, you can then bluetooth your dot to your phone and voila!  You have an external speaker for your your Roku TV.  Sam Z.

Hamlet1

Jump to solution

Does this same answer from Roku Employee apply to all Roku devices (Express, Premium, Ultra) and all Echo devices not just the Echo Dot?

I have a new 4th Generation Echo (not the Dot) and want to play Roku Premium's audio over the Echo speaker. It does not appear possible. Is it possible with the Roku Ultra since it has bluetooth?

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No, it still won't work with any roku model. The Ultra is a bluetooth receiver, not a transmitter, just like your Echo, so it would be two receivers trying to communicate and failing, because at least one has to be a transmitter. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Dave782

Jump to solution

your absolutely right, this does work! i wish i could use this play on all echo speakers like you can when creating speaker groups. 

Jump to solution

Not to necro a dead thread, but you are a certifiable hero.  Bought a secondhand Roku TV and the volume turns itself up incessantly, so this will save my sanity!!!!

0 Kudos
d3m3tree

Jump to solution

agreed..

-simply connect your iphone (not sure about android) to your echo device using bluetooth.

-then also connect your phone to your tv through the roku remote app..

-press the headset icon on the remote tab within roku app and it will play on your phone which is obv redirecting at this point to your echo device ...

I would like to see the ability to connect echo(s) / alexa as part of a group of speakers ... so tv speakers could play concurrently with the echo(s). Unfortunately this appears to be the only workaround (as of january 2022) and its worth mentioning for some of the lesser tech savvy that the quality isnt going to be super clear/great given the nature of the "daisy chained" connections .. for lack of a better term.. 

Jessetv20

Re: Can I use Echo Dot as an audio speaker for my Hisense Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Yes, you need to use private listening on the Roku app or voice remote and use a aux to connect the phone / remote to your echo enabled device. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos

Re: Can I use Echo Dot as an audio speaker for my Hisense Roku TV?

Jump to solution

do I have to use the app that is $19.99?  or is there a fee roku app?

0 Kudos