Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back separate Tv inputs! TV inputs nested now

On the newest TCL Roku main menu update September, 2023 the tv inputs are now nested within their own menu icon. They is no option to set them as separate tiles again. Was it really hurting the company to allow users to pin an HDMI input at the top of their list without nesting it in a new menu?

#hdmi, #inputs, #roku

18 REPLIES 18
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bring back separate Tv inputs! TV inputs nested now

Hi @StalkerNoctem,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We want to thank you for getting in touch with us and let you know how much we value your opinion regarding the recent modifications. We'll make sure that your comment is shared with the appropriate Roku team so that it may be further evaluated.

If there's anything else that we can do to further assist, just let the Community know about it.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Balzer
Reel Rookie

I agree!

I hate the new "folder" for the TV Inputs.  Please revert it to the way it was before, separate pinned input tiles.

hwolfe
Reel Rookie

Another request to restore separate HDMI input selection directly on the home screen (not from a separate folder)!  This was an important feature for my family, and we'll be unlikely to buy another Roku TV if it's not restored.  Thanks for listening! 🙂

McLaren

When our gaming consoles were not under the nested menu, I was able to turn on a game without needing the remote. (A huge plus in a family where remotes frequently go missing.) With this new update, I can't.  

What's more, our remotes have stopped opening the items inside the nested menu (they work normally with items in the main feed but clicking "tv inputs" does nothing). So now even the remotes don't work!  The only thing that works is the app on my phone.... which means my kid can't use the TV without my phone, either.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @McLaren,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. Can you please send us a photo or video of when your Roku remote does not work? In the meantime, you can check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
Thealbitz6

Without separation of tv inputs we are going to need a new tv....and it won't be a Roku. Younger and older members need simplicity not more steps to use the cable box. 

carrie3412

Same here.  We bought a Roku TV to make it easier to access things, not more difficult.  I will not be purchasing another unless this feature is brought back.

An_Ape_Name_Ape
Reel Rookie

Please give us an option to restore TV input tiles to the home screen. This nested tile is very inconvenience. I like to select the inputs directly from the home screen.

Return_TVInputs
Reel Rookie

Over a month and no answer from Roku. Guess whatever I get In the future won't have this garbage interface.

It's a TV

It displays things connected to it...

Leave the Inputs alone or allow people to customize that

I'm not here for sportsball roku

Tags (1)