Flordagirl
Channel Surfer

Bluetooth audio via non-roku tv and non-roku soundbar

Is it possible to get bluetooth audio using Roku with a non-roku tv and non-roku soundbar? I've connected my Larksound soundbar via HDMI cable to my tv and the Roku sound is only coming from the tv, not the soundbar. I was able to connect the soundbar to an Amazon firestick via bluetooth. I can't find a bluetooth option in the Roku though. Somebody help! 😢

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Non-roku tv and non-roku soundbar

Hi @Flordagirl,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Roku streaming players are intended to be used on non-Roku TVs. Please be advised that the following devices in this support article are the only ones supported with the Bluetooth feature. If your device is supported, kindly go to Settings >Remotes and Devices > Pair new device > Select Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on your findings.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flordagirl
Channel Surfer

Sorry, I'm having difficulty understanding your reply. You mentioned a roku streaming player. I don't have that. I have a Non-roku tv and non-roku soundbar I am using with a Roku Express. Is it possible to get the audio via bluetooth in a non-roku soundbar and non-roku tv? It works when I use an Amazon firestick.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Flordagirl,

Thank you for the update! I just wanted to point out a few important things. If your Roku device is not compatible, you won't be able to connect to a Bluetooth device or stream audio through the Bluetooth channel. Unfortunately, the Roku Express does not support this feature. 

Hope this answers your query. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Do any Roku devices support a non-Roku sound bar?  I bought what I thought was the best Roku device (Express 4K) but it seems it doesn't support non-Roku sound bars?  Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Jackson86

You did.  However if you were able to connect it to let’s say..your already present and Dolby atmos supporting setup as add on side speakers, then Roku would make less money, and wouldn’t be able to force you into the Roku snow globe.  Toss it.  Sounds like trash anyway, you can get a Vizio sound bar with wireless satellite speakers that blow Roku soundbar out of the water for cheaper.  Personally I am a Samsung atmos guy.  But..hey.  Save your money.  Best Buy has a sale like every other week.  And it doesn’t come with a padlock and chains.