Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lolab
Channel Surfer

Authentication issue with TV setup

I am trying to set up my 24" Onn Roku TV and I am in the authentication process and it is saying "we cannot reach you by email" and which I am not receiving any authentication email after trying factory resets, different networks and hot spots. 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Authentication issue with TV setup

Hello! @lolab,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Your email may automatically block emails from unrecognized senders and place these messages in a spam or junk folder. You may need to go into your spam folder and accept Roku as a recognized sender to ensure the activation email and other Roku emails appear in your inbox. If you use a web-based email, try checking for the Roku email using a different browser or in incognito or private mode.

For additional steps, refer to this link: How to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lolab
Channel Surfer

I have tried two separate emails and searched through both junk/spam folders viewing from different browsers, I have tried using several internet lines and hots pots. I'm not too sure what I can do at this point. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lolab,

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken to fix this issue.

At this point, can we try to check if you'll be able to activate your device using the QR Code option? In order to do this, kindly follow the steps below:

1. If you have trouble receiving the activation link in your email, press the star (*) on your remote and try again, or select the Activate with a QR Code option. Use your mobile phone's camera to scan the QR code and get the device activation link.
  2. Once you open the link, either from the email or QR code, follow the instructions to create a free Roku account or login to your existing account.
  3. If you are creating a new Roku account, you may be required to add a payment method to set up Roku Pay. Your card will not be billed unless a purchase is made.
  4. Complete all on-screen prompts until the activation is complete.

Let us know if this works, and from there, we'll assist you further.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lolab
Channel Surfer

Unfortunately I am not granted a option of scanning with a QR code after clicking the * . My only options provided are editing my email, restarting my tv, and factory resetting. 

I have a ONN 24” and it says it is up to date. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @lolab,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot and address this issue. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. 

However, can you please provide a picture of your screen to further investigate your concern?

Please keep us updated

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lolab
Channel Surfer

Here below are 3 pictures showing when I sent the email, it saying they couldn’t reach me, and my options after pressing *. 

I would also like to say again that these options stay the same after copious factory resets, and different internets/emails. 

IMG_3872.jpeg

IMG_3873.jpeg

IMG_3874.jpeg

@RokuArjiemar @RokuAnjelie @RokuJanadeeK 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@lolab 

Thanks for providing us with this information.

Have you tried to use a different email address to see if it fixes the issue? 

We'll look forward to your update!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lolab
Channel Surfer

I have tried 4 different emails of different domains and viewing on different browsers. I have tried using 2 different internet lines and a hot spot as well.

@RokuCarly @RokuAnjelie @RokuJanadeeK @RokuArjiemar 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lolab,

We appreciate you keeping us posted,

Kindly refer to this support article for more information on troubleshooting this issue at this link: How do I resolve an issue when activating or linking my Roku® streaming device?

Please let us know if the issue persists.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos