Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimmismom

Audio volume drops and pops on all my tvs with Roku streaming sticks +

The subject has been posted multiple times however this is an ongoing problem that I am still experiencing and has been going on for a good while. The audio drops or pops or both. I'm using the Roku 3810 streaming Stick+ without a sound bar. Sound volume drops then you cannot control the volume at all. Turning off the TV does not help. In many posts about this issue and find none that are helpful. Does anyone have a more recent idea to fix this problem?

Labels (1)
17 REPLIES 17
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio volume drops and pops on all my tvs with Roku streaming sticks +

Hi! @Jimmismom,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sparklee
Binge Watcher

Roku still hasn't found a fix? This has been going on for at least 6 months and it's driving me nuts! It started with an update and with the last update did nothing but to make it worse. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sparklee,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Does this issue happens within a channel while streaming, or does it happens randomly within the Roku interface? Also, are you using a soundbar?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sparklee
Binge Watcher

If you look carefully, I sent you this email....

I actually have two sound problems. The first problem is all of a sudden the sound will go down almost to a whisper and no I do not have a sound bar. So far it only happens when I am streaming sling. What I have done and it works is that I back out of the channel that I'm on go to a different channel then back out of that channel and go back to the channel I was watching and the sound returns to normal. The other sound problem that I have is that I will either be watching Netflix or Max and all of a sudden the sound will go up almost to a screaming level. Again, I have to back out of the movie that I am watching and then go back into the movie that I'm watching and the sound will return to normal. But I always know that it's going to happen with either sound problems because all of a sudden there will be it has been described as a pop but I will describe it as your fire alarm beeping because my dog hears it and runs out of the room. And that is the only time that she will run out of the room is when she hears the fire alarm.

I also have another problem and this is all just happened since the last update where I can't read the menu selections on Netflix or Max or sling because it's all garbled or missing letters it will only correct itself after a day of not being able to read the menu selections. It also affects the captions on where I can't read any of the captions below on the screen which I run quite frequently because of the sound problem. All of this has occurred after the second to last update and the latest update has not corrected it either. I also stream on nothing but the sticks and this is all becoming kind of a pain in my tush.

0 Kudos
Mountaineer1
Channel Surfer

I first reported this problem in January, and despite sending 7 error reports by hitting the home key 5 times, etc.  Nothing has been resolved.  Now, over the last month the sound and picture go out of sync -- sometimes as much as 4 to 5 seconds.  It's happening right now as I am writing this.  I have 3 different Roku devices, and it happens on all 3 while watching live TV or recorded shows on many different networks.   I used to love this service, but now could never recommend Roku to anyone.  Either they don't care about us once they have our money, or they are not able to fix their product.  Obviously, customer satisfaction is not a priority.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @Sparklee,

Thank you for your post.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried to try to resolve the issue?
  • Did you try to do a factory reset?

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move on to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mountaineer1
Channel Surfer

I followed your directions to reset the Roku stick in my bedroom.  Within 13 minutes, the volume increased to a blaring level. 43 minutes later, there was no sound at all.  7 months is too long to put up with all 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mountaineer1,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We regret to hear that the issue with the volume malfunction has been persistent. Rest assured that we take your concerns seriously and are committed to providing you the assistance you need. Is this issue happening on a specific channel or across multiple channels?

Please provide us with updates.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mountaineer1
Channel Surfer

As I have stated, it happens on live TV and recorded shows on Xfinity Stream.  It also happens on Hulu, Prime, Freevee, Netflix, Discovery +, Fox Nation and Peacock.

It's difficult to believe that after 7 months of sending photos of error reports; searching

0 Kudos