shinerspurs
Reel Rookie

Audio sync issues with TCL Roku TV

I have a TLC 55R635 with a Vizio M51AX-J6 sound bar. Previously I had A Vizio SB3621n-H8. I am having problems with the new sound bar getting out of audio sync with my TLC. I never had this problem with my previous bar. I spoke with Vizio support and we tried several things that did not help. He advised me getting in touch with TLC support to see if I needed different TV settings for this new sound bar. The only way I have been able to fix the problem is to unplug the TV and the sound bar for about a minute then the sync problem goes away. But within a couple of days it returns. I have tried different HDMI cables and that does not help. Maybe the problem is in my TV settings. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio sync issues with TCL Roku TV

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @shinerspurs.

We appreciate you reaching out for support; we'd be more than happy to be of assistance. 

In this case, since you've mentioned that you have tried different HDMI ports, can we please try to use the optical port if the issue still occurs?

Please let us know how it goes and we'll go from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BrigRee
Reel Rookie

Re: Audio sync issues with Roku TV

With luck mostly sync issues are working out if I turn off the TV completely and turn back on.  This works will but needs to be repeated when streaming with providers that have commercials.  When the movie/show returns after commercial break the sync is off and you must turn off the TV again.  It works well so far so good for now.

0 Kudos