Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LunaLoomer

Audio Disappearing Issue on Roku Streambar & Wireless Bass

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to share a specific issue I've been experiencing with my Roku Streambar & Wireless Bass Streaming Media Player with Voice, and I'm curious if anyone else has encountered a similar problem. After a few minutes of playing content on my Roku Streambar, the audio abruptly disappears. This issue occurs consistently, and I've noticed it across various streaming apps and channels. The audio loss seems to happen randomly during playback. No error messages or warnings are displayed before or after the audio disappears.

If anyone has encountered a similar audio disappearing issue or has insights on potential solutions, I would greatly appreciate your input.

regards,

EHallPass

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio Disappearing Issue on Roku Streambar & Wireless Bass

Hi @LunaLoomer,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with the audio of your Roku Streambar and Wireless Bass when streaming. Kindly check out these support articles and ensure to follow the steps provided.

1. How to adjust sound settings on your Roku audio device.
  2. How to clean your Roku audio device.
  3. How to factory reset your Roku wireless audio device.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Audio Disappearing Issue on Roku Streambar & Wireless Bass

If you are experiencing audio disappearing issues with your Roku Streambar and Wireless Bass, it can be quite frustrating. This issue can arise from a variety of sources including connection problems, software glitches, or settings misconfigurations. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and resolve the audio disappearing issue on your Roku Streambar and Wireless Bass:

1. Check Connections:

• Power and Cable Connections: Ensure all power and audio cables are securely connected. Check the HDMI cable connections between your Roku Streambar and TV.
  • Wireless Connections: Ensure that the wireless subwoofer or bass module is within range of the Roku Streambar and has a clear line of sight without obstructions.

2. Update Software:

• Roku Software: Make sure your Roku Streambar is running the latest software version. Go to Settings > System > System update > Check now to see if there are any available updates.
  • Router Firmware: If your wireless subwoofer relies on your home Wi-Fi network, ensure your router's firmware is up-to-date.

3. Restart and Re-pair Devices:

• Restart Roku Streambar: Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart or unplug the power cable, wait for a few seconds, and plug it back in.
  • Re-pair Wireless Bass: Sometimes, re-pairing the wireless bass module can resolve connectivity issues. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for pairing your specific model.

4. Audio Settings Configuration:

• Audio Mode: Ensure the audio mode is set correctly. Go to Settings > Audio > Audio mode and try switching between different modes (Stereo, Auto, etc.).
  • Volume Mode: Check the volume mode by going to Settings > Audio > Volume mode and try disabling any special modes like leveling or night mode to see if the issue persists.
  • Sound Settings: Check sound settings on both the Roku Streambar and your TV to ensure they are not conflicting.

5. Network Interference:

• Wi-Fi Channel: If your wireless subwoofer operates on Wi-Fi, there might be interference from other devices. Change the Wi-Fi channel on your router to a less congested one.
  • Device Placement: Ensure there are no other electronic devices causing interference near your Roku Streambar and wireless subwoofer.

6. Factory Reset:

If all else fails, performing a factory reset on your Roku Streambar may resolve persistent issues. Note that this will erase all settings and data, so you will need to set up your Streambar again from scratch.

• Factory Reset: Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. McDVOICE
0 Kudos