Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rasbold

Apps seizing up causing tv to reload

What is going on with Roku? Whether it’s food network, Netflix, foxnews, cnn, fox sports, NBC and other apps… everything keeps stopping mid show and going back to the Home Screen? I’ve updated my Roku tv (TCL), so the operating system is good, but it’s getting worse day by day. Suddenly an app just stops or I have to reload the app (Netflix) like six times for it to work. Is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apps seizing up causing tv to reload

Hi @Rasbold,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for reaching out to us, and we're here to assist. We recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue.

Restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

After performing this step, kindly check to see if you notice any improvements.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ychill

My Hisense ROKU tv is doing the same thing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. I even did a factory reset. I can watch my Youtube TV app but all other apps are causing the tv to restart. I have unplugged the tv and waited the stated times, but nothing appears to be helping the issue...

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ychill,

Thank you for keeping us posted, and welcome to the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. Please try to restart your modem and router for your wireless network connection. In addition, could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.