Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sueathome
Reel Rookie

Apps keep crashing since update.

For about a week now (since a software update I think, version 12.0.0, build: 4182 on a TCL TV) the apps keep crashing.

The apps keep crashing and returning to the home menu; iPlayer crashes again if I fast-forward a programme.

I've noticed that the ITV X app flashes up with the old ITV Hub logo before firing up (the Channel4 one shows the old logo as well).

UKTV Play also not really working.

YouTube seems fine.

I've tried uninstalling the apps and a factory restart. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apps keep crashing since update.

Hi @sueathome,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with multiple channels crashing to the home screen after an update. We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue and We look forward to your responses for gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sueathome
Reel Rookie

Hello, @RokuMary-F 

The TCL model is: 32RS530K

Hardware ID: H112X

Serial Number: X02000LUPK1C

Device ID: S0MXV00UPK1C

Sofware version: 12.0.0; build 4182-F9.

As I've stated, BBC, ITV, C4 and UKTV Play apps crash at random; iPlayer sometimes when fast-forwarding.

Any help much appreciated!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sueathome,

Thanks for following up and for providing the information requested.

We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. Could you please check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now? As some channels and services can be restored by performing a system update.

In addition, when removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install.

Can you also provide what version/build the affected channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sueathome
Reel Rookie

Hello @RokuMary-F 

Yes, I've done a manual update and no change.

The affected channels are: iPlayer: version 1.1, build 6; ITVX version 1.1, build 2; Channel 4: version 1.1, build 2; Channel 5: version 1.1, build 2 and UKTV Play: version 3.6, build 4688.

They were all working final until this update came along!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sueathome,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll share these details with the appropriate team for further review. We'll get back to you once we have an update.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sueathome
Reel Rookie

@RokuMary-F Thank you. Hoping to hear from you soon!

0 Kudos