Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRROY
Binge Watcher

Antenna TV and info bar on bottom third of screen

I mostly watch many of the local TV stations I get using my antenna.  One of the issues I have is when it's windy and I get 'some' pixelization I also get a black information bar on the bottom third of the screen which shows the channel information along with the bars showing signal strength (the same bar that shows up when you first select a channel).  This black bar lasts for a good 5 to 7 seconds and is extremely annoying.  It's considerably more annoying than the pixelization that might only last a second or less or sometimes hardly seen but that bar still shows up.  This happens on two different Roku TV's I have (TCL & Hisense).

Does anyone know of any way to eliminate this bar?

I tried contacting Roku directly but they tell me it's a TV manufacturer issue.  I called both TV manufacturers and they tell me it's definitely a Roku issue. Once a channel has been chosen I shouldn't have to deal with this bar any longer but sometimes it pops up so much it's real difficult to watch the show. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Antenna TV and info bar on bottom third of screen

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @RRROY.

We regret to hear about the inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Please be aware that the bar is intended to automatically show the signal strength of your antenna whenever there are changes on it. Moreover, the pixelated screen you are experiencing also relies on the signal strength of your antenna. This happens when you have an antenna connected to your TCL & Hisense Roku TV because the resolution or quality of your streaming solely relies on it. 

Hope this helps clear everything out.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RRROY
Binge Watcher

Hi Carly,

I know why I am getting the pixelation.  I know that my reception is not 100% but there needs to be a way to 'turn off' that bar from overlaying the bottom third of the TV.  I can live with most of the pixelation and many times it's a fraction of a second and hardly noticable.  But this bar shows up every time and sits there for 5 to 7 seconds and it is soooo annoying.  I don't need this to show up and point out that the signal strength isn't the greatest.  There are times I have to change the channel not becuase of the pixelization but because of that bar. 

How can I turn this off?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RRROY,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
Currently, we don't have the option to remove the third information bar since that will show the details about the channel you're watching.

Please keep us posted if there's anything else we can do to assist you.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Machyy1

I would love a solution for this as well.  It is obnoxious.

0 Kudos