Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android phone disconnecting from Roku TV with new hearing aids

Ever since I got my new hearing aids that connect to my Android phone (Samsung 3Z) I am able to listen to my TV through my hearing aids. Before the new hearing aids I connected through ear buds and they worked just fine. Now when I connect with my TV through my phone and I try to use my phone for anything else at the same time my Roku app disconnects my TV. (The hearing aids stay connected to my phone.) When this happens I have to reconnect my Roku phone app. to the TV. This never happened with the ear buds.
Oticon hearing aids

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Android phone disconnecting from Roku TV with new hearing aids

Hi @Bigunwildcat

Welcome to the Roku Community!

It's possible that your new hearing aids are interfering with the Bluetooth connection between your Android phone and your Roku TV. Many hearing aids today use Bluetooth technology to connect to other devices, and this can sometimes cause interference with other Bluetooth devices in the area.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Turn off your hearing aids and see if the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Roku TV is stable.
  • Move your phone closer to the Roku TV to see if that improves the connection.
  • Reset the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Roku TV by unpairing them and then pairing them again.
  • If the above steps don't work, try resetting your phone's network settings. This will remove all Bluetooth connections, Wi-Fi networks, and VPN settings from your phone, so you'll need to set them up again.
  • If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your hearing aids to see if they have any recommendations for resolving Bluetooth interference issues.

Hopefully, one of these steps will resolve the issue and you'll be able to enjoy your Roku TV without any further interruptions.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos