Robocelot
Channel Surfer

All channels on streambar crash

About a month ago, any channel that I try to play began to crash about thirty seconds after opening the channel. It happens every time I open up a channel after waking up the streambar. After that initial crash, the streambar and all channels will work fine. It's still quite annoying, though. I have made sure that the software is up to date, and I have rebooted the streambar. Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: All channels on streambar crash

@Robocelot

Thanks for the post.

After waking up the Streambar, are you immediately trying to access a channel and then experiencing this issue? Have you tried waiting a moment before accessing a channel to see if the issue persists after waking up the Roku device?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
venomwalk

I have a similar issue with my streambar pro.   After I power on the streambar pro and If I open channel such as Disney+ (it happens on all channels), after 15 to 30 seconds the app closes and returns to the home stream.  Once I relaunch the channel all is fine.  I have checked for software updates and it says that it is up to date.   My other 4 roku devices work fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @venomwalk,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are having issues accessing the channels on your Roku Streambar after powering it for the first time. For us to assist you, please reply here with your serial number. Feel free to follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select About

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to help you further.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
venomwalk

My serial number is YL00C8378383

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Thanks for following up, @venomwalk!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there. 

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos